Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Day 2

Today I slept in because I was tired. I went to bed late last night after watching another episode of Once Upon a Time. It's an addicting show, especially when you just started and when it is on Netflix! Anyways, I set my alarm to 7:30 and slept in for 30 extra minutes. I did my workout routine and worked on toning and lengthening my muscles. I was sweating a lot. Phew!

I went to work, came home, had supper and debated whether to go for a walk. Reason being is because I saw rain clouds coming and wasn't sure if it was going to pour the rest of the night or not. It started to rain a little then it seemed to clear up. I decidedtogo andifigot caught the rain then I get caught in the rain. 15 minutes in, it starts to pour! I can handle a little rain but I don't like pouring rain... 

I took a short cut across a field and started to run home. The problem was, I could run for very long because I have been battling a cold and it was very hard on my lungs. I had to stop after 2 blocks. I made it home soaked and as I got home, the rain stopped and the sun was shining....  I debated going back out but I felt as though I still need to take care of my body and fight this cold. I need to rest a little and not over do it. 

The problem that I have, and it has been difficult is that I feel as though every workout and every day has to be perfect. I look at these documentary videos and see that the weight loss that they do seems so easy. Every diet that people show of people trying to loose weight make it look so easy, but it's not. I realize that everything doesn't have to be perfect. My days don't have to be perfect all the time. As long as I get my workout in at least once a day, I will be fine. It's just that if I totally jump the wagon, them I'm back to square one.

It is a challenging fact that I believe I have to deal with personally - being a perfectionist and having to do everything right to feel satisfied and having to do everything very specific and oriented all the time to ,make the results work and happen fast. 

I know it won't happen fast and I know that I need to put in the effort but I have to stop being a perfectionist and start being a realist.

No comments:

Post a Comment